Tuesday, December 1, 2009

untitled

November brought a lot of stress and homesickness. As soon as December 1st rolled around, things are already looking up! Here are a few things that are filling my heart with cheer this month!

Christmas lights. My favorite thing about Rexburg is the twinkling lights covering the trees up and down Main Street. It is SO beautiful! I also love going for drives to see the lights on all the houses.

Forgotten Carols. Last night I went to the Forgotten Carols for the 5th time. I almost didn't go, but I am so glad I did. I absolutely love it. It really helps get me into the Christmas spirit. I love the message and the music. I especially love Jordan Bluth’s voice and bought his Christmas cd at Deseret book tonight… along with Florence’s chocolate caramels, of course!



Jeff McLean is my all time favorite Forgotten Carols singer. He’s the one in this video singing one of my favorite Carols. It seriously gives me chills when they perform. And it takes every ounce of my strength to not stand up and start singing along with them.

Candles. I love candles all year long. But, the sweet Christmas scents are my favorite. I bought a new one this year called “Santa’s Treats”. I love how it tricks people into thinking I’m baking delicious treats…

The Nutcracker. One of the perks of being a teacher is the free field trips. The first and second grade classes are all going to the Nutcracker Ballet on Tuesday. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! I have never seen it, but am really eager to watch it. We are dressing up in our nicest clothes to go enjoy the performance.

The Messiah. Next weekend I am going to the Messiah sing-along at BYU-I. Another event I am SO excited for! When I was in choir we sang some of the Messiah songs and I just love them.

Home. I will be home in 18 days!!!


2 comments:

Allyson said...

Remember that one time when you burned me a CD entitled "#8" for our dear Jeff and his song alone?

I do. Still have it.

I'm happy you're happy.

:)

The Matthews Family said...

Oh wow, how fun! I was just telling Austin how much I missed Rexburg's Christmas lights. Honestly, I have never seen a town that is more gorgeous than Rexburg at Christmas time! I have never see the ANY of those performances! How fun that you get to attend so many great things this December! (And I DO miss the school fieldtrips! Definitely a perk of teaching!)