Friday, October 30, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
The primary presented sacrament meeting today. It was so sweet, and something I really needed. My Bishop started the meeting by asking us to truly listen to what the children had to teach us, instead of just thinking, “oh how cute”. I really appreciated that comment. So naturally I teared up after a few of them said such simple and powerful things like “Heavenly Father loves me.” and “He hears and answers my prayers.” It made me realize that I am doing everything right and that if I just have enough faith, wonderful things will happen for me. I just wish I didn’t have to wait so long! For the closing song we sang, “How Firm a Foundation”. I bawled during the last verse:
“Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My righteous, Upheld by My righteous,
Upheld by My righteous omnipotent hand.”
What an amazing message! I’m so glad I have a day each week to be uplifted and inspired. With my busy and crazy weeks, I often lose focus on what is truly important. I’m so grateful for Sundays!
Monday, October 12, 2009
But for me, “Going Public” is what is true.
Signing in has been difficult for just a few.
(And mom, I am not only talking about you.)
For those of you for whom blogging is new,
Now, a bit of my life you can more easily view...
Saturday, October 10, 2009
2. My parents not-so-secretly like Friends. All those years of saying, “You shouldn’t be watching this. It is so inappropriate.” have transformed into “Let’s watch some more Friends!” followed by hours of laughter!
3. My dad is a great business man and my mom gets what she wants. We decided to make a trade – they got my wedding ring and I got the rest of my tuition paid for. So we went to the jeweler and got my 1 carat diamond put into a new and BEAUTIFUL setting for my mom. She never had a really gorgeous and fancy ring, so she was really happy to get this:
4. My mom still has great shopping skills. She has endurance (7 hours of shopping) and the ability to find great deals (4 shirts + 2 pairs of pants = $50).
5. My dad is an astounding handyman. Just to name a few of the jobs he did for me: he showed me how to empty and clean the vacuum, fixed a leaky sink, and tightened my table legs.
6. My parents are incredibly grandbaby hungry. When Blaine, Michelle, and new baby Max came over, I didn’t even get a chance to hold him! My parents hogged him the whole time. I guess it’s a good thing I only live about a block away from them, and can hold him whenever I want!
7. As I get older, I realize I love my parents more and more. Christmas won’t come soon enough...
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Well I am back by popular demand! (Thanks for your interest Pam!) I have a lot to update you with. So grab a cup of hot cocoa, curl up in your computer chair, and enjoy!
PS I know the pictures are terrible. My camera is broken, so I'm using my not so wonderful phone.
“What fun activity can I do today?”
Unfortunately I often say with dismay,
“What fun activity must I skip today?”
My days have been filled with two types of school,
And it is a very good thing I think they are cool.
I love teaching first grade from eight until three,
But I wish after that I could be free.
Instead I go from study group to class,
In hopes that my Statistics class I do pass.
When I get home a little after eight,
I force myself to the gym to keep losing weight.
By then time I get home it’s after ten,
And I have to prepare to do it all over again.