Saturday, October 10, 2009

Things I Learned From My Parents Visit:

1. My pictures were hung too high. So we re-hung all my pictures and added the new ones from Tai Pan.

2. My parents not-so-secretly like Friends. All those years of saying, “You shouldn’t be watching this. It is so inappropriate.” have transformed into “Let’s watch some more Friends!” followed by hours of laughter!

3. My dad is a great business man and my mom gets what she wants. We decided to make a trade – they got my wedding ring and I got the rest of my tuition paid for. So we went to the jeweler and got my 1 carat diamond put into a new and BEAUTIFUL setting for my mom. She never had a really gorgeous and fancy ring, so she was really happy to get this:


4. My mom still has great shopping skills. She has endurance (7 hours of shopping) and the ability to find great deals (4 shirts + 2 pairs of pants = $50).

5. My dad is an astounding handyman. Just to name a few of the jobs he did for me: he showed me how to empty and clean the vacuum, fixed a leaky sink, and tightened my table legs.

6. My parents are incredibly grandbaby hungry. When Blaine, Michelle, and new baby Max came over, I didn’t even get a chance to hold him! My parents hogged him the whole time. I guess it’s a good thing I only live about a block away from them, and can hold him whenever I want!


7. As I get older, I realize I love my parents more and more. Christmas won’t come soon enough...

1 comment:

Molly and Jay said...

Wow! This makes me love your parents too! Love the new ring for the mama!