Sunday, October 18, 2009

How Firm a Foundation

I found out my ex is dating someone. True, it has been six months since we split up and he was most likely checked out way before that, but still! It just isn’t fair! I was supposed to be the winner in this whole relationship battle. And maybe I still am. I do have the education, job, looks, spirituality, etc. over him. Needless to say, that brought me back to crying. Oh I just wish there was a way to close the gate on my tears! I never used to be a crier, but lately, I can’t seem to stop. Now don’t think I am a depressed bag of mess, because I’m really not. I truly am happy with everything I’m doing. It just sucks to hear about him moving on. (Although I did hear that he looked like he had really let himself go, and she was ugly, so that makes me happier!)

The primary presented sacrament meeting today. It was so sweet, and something I really needed. My Bishop started the meeting by asking us to truly listen to what the children had to teach us, instead of just thinking, “oh how cute”. I really appreciated that comment. So naturally I teared up after a few of them said such simple and powerful things like “Heavenly Father loves me.” and “He hears and answers my prayers.” It made me realize that I am doing everything right and that if I just have enough faith, wonderful things will happen for me. I just wish I didn’t have to wait so long! For the closing song we sang, “How Firm a Foundation”. I bawled during the last verse:

“Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My righteous, Upheld by My righteous,
Upheld by My righteous omnipotent hand.”

What an amazing message! I’m so glad I have a day each week to be uplifted and inspired. With my busy and crazy weeks, I often lose focus on what is truly important. I’m so grateful for Sundays!

6 comments:

Mrs. Black said...

*Hugs* I am grateful for Sundays too :)

The Matthews Family said...

Oh Janae I bet that is so, so hard! I honestly cannot believe how well it sounds like you are doing! It just goes to show what an amazing, strong person you are! Our primary presentation is next week-- good reminder to actually LISTEN to what they have to say!

kate said...

i'm so sorry! so lame!!! but you're right, because you are doing things right, you will be blessed...and hopefully SOON:) our presentation is next week too, i'm in charge of the whole thing...writing it, orchestrating it, etc. i'm nervous. hopefully people will actually be able to HEAR what our kids say...

Val said...

You are one smart cookie, Janae and doing exactly what you should be! Hang in there...it WILL get better!

Anonymous said...

It's mary, though this says I am anonymous cause I didn't want to sign up haha. I am sorry to hear that Janae, but you are right, you are light years ahead of him in every department, too good for him anyhow for sure. ..And you're comment about feeling better cause he let himself go and she is ugly had me laughing SO hard. I miss you're upbeat personality, can't wait to sit around watching movies and eating timbits again.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I kept saying you're, when I obviously meant your..oops.