Saturday, September 26, 2009
Oh, and Arthur showed up for a visit. Of course I got my picture taken with him!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Ok, back to the birthday. After that, Jessica and I went and got pedicures and lunch. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon with Michelle, and the best present of all – Max!
Max Blaine Watkins was born on my birthday!
Emily, Jessica, Georgia, and I went out to dinner at Jaker’s and spent the whole night laughing, talking, and having a great time. The next night I went to Jessica’s and ate the most delicious chocolate ice-cream cake in the entire world! Just talking about it makes me salivate...
I’ve decided 25 is going to be the best year of my life. I am going to keep getting thinner, prettier, happier, smarter, wealthier... It may have some difficult days, but I am going to LOVE it!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
"Books fall open, you fall in, delighted where you've never been; hear voices not once heard before, reach world on world through door on door; find unexpected keys to things locked up beyond imaginings. What might you be, perhaps become, because one book is somewhere? Some wise delver into wisdom, wit, and wherewithal has written it. True books will venture, dare you out, whisper secrets, maybe shout across the gloom to you in need, who hanker for a book to read."~David McCord
I once again went to the Literacy conference here in Rexburg. I loved it. The Keynotes this year were Lois Lowry and Eric Rohmann. I love it from a teacher’s and an author’s point of view. I desperately want to write and publish children’s books. I have two that I have written and am working on getting published. That is my dream. At the conference last year an author, Sam Beeson, spoke about how he wrote a poem a day. I thought this was too hefty for me, so I made a goal of one poem each week. I did pretty well with that, until recently. But don’t worry; I am getting back on the poem train. He also created GrammarPunk, which helps with creative writing. I will be breaking out my GrammarPunk for new, creative poems in the future. So stay tuned!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:40 a.m.
2. How do you like your steak? medium well
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? either The Proposal or Land of the Lost
4. What is your favorite TV show? Friends
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? California... or anywhere warm.
6. What did you have for breakfast? chocolate/banana WellnessPro shake
7. What is your favorite cuisine? whatever I’m in the mood for
8. What foods do you dislike? fish, and most vegetables
9. Favorite Place to Eat? I can’t pick
10. Favorite dressing? ranch and caesar
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? honda accord
12. What are your favorite clothes? sweats
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Hawaii
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? both
15. Where would you want to retire? who knows?
16. Favorite time of day? anytime that I don’t have work to do
17. Where were you born? Raymond, Alberta
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? none
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I don’t know/care
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? see 19
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? see 19
22. Bird watcher? why would anyone want to watch birds?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m an 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. person
24. Do you have any pets? just an imaginary shi tzu named ki su ling II...
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Michelle WILL have her baby tomorrow… I just KNOW it!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher
27. What is your best childhood memory? Oh so so many to choose from! I’ll pick when I was suspended from school and my dad took me home, locked me in the garage, and went back to work. That was an awful day at the time, but absolutely hilarious now!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? dog
29. Are you married? no
30. Always wear your seat belt? sure
31. Been in a car accident? yes, because I am a terrible driver
32. Any pet peeves? too many to list, but after tonight I am adding this one to my list: People who don’t tie up their three dogs and let them chase (and bark and growl) after two sweet girls who are just trying to go for a leisurely walk!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? barbecue chicken
34. Favorite Flower? daisies, tulips, lilies, roses...
35. Favorite ice cream? anything chocolate
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? I don’t know... but my favorite fast food? hands down hot dogs!
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? surprisingly, not once
38. From whom did you get your last email? Averley
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? So tough, because my credit card has a minuscule limit… probably Ricki’s or Tai Pan
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? No time for spontaneity, but I did buy zebra print flats. That was pretty spontaneous.
41. Like your job? 100% yes yes yes Especially this year — I have the BEST class!
42. Broccoli? Cucumber? cucumber
43. What was your favorite vacation? Despite the fact that it was for my honeymoon and I am still very bitter towards certain people… our cruise to Mexico! But on the days that brings too much negativity, I pick Disneyland when I was 10 (or 12?).
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Jessica
45. What are you listening to right now? background episode of Friends
46. What is your favorite color? pink
47. How many tattoos do you have? 0
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? 0
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 10:50 p.m. (Why did I stay up so late to do this? Good question...)
50. Coffee Drinker? no
Monday, September 14, 2009
Dear Curves, The feeling is definitely mutual. I am doing the best I can. There are only so many hours in a day! Any advice would be very much appreciated. Sincerely, Janae
Friday, September 11, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
It is so true! It has been so difficult the past few weeks. But you know what? There’s nothing I can do about it. I’m not moving until next year, I’m not quitting my job, and I’m not running home to my mom (which I REALLY want to do). I am sick of crying myself to sleep, so I am going to try a different approach. How about laughing myself to sleep? Last night I bought more seasons of Friends (they were so cheap at Wal-Mart!). Now I own all but two seasons. Just thinking about that show makes me laugh so much! I also have rediscovered how funny first graders are! Everyday they make me laugh so hard! Take this story for example.
I have a boy in my class who only has one ear, which gives him hearing difficulties and speech problems. I often have a hard time understanding what he says. Usually I can understand one or two words and figure it out, but the other day he came up to me and said something I really couldn’t understand. I asked him to repeat it as I got closer about three times. Finally he just pulls down his pants and says (what I now know to be) “I got new underwear!” How funny is that? He was very excited about his underwear!
So hopefully with squeezing in episodes of Friends, spending time with my real friends, and continuing the most hysterical job I will laugh my way through the year.