Saturday, September 5, 2009

laughter

I found this button today:

Leelou Blogs

It is so true! It has been so difficult the past few weeks. But you know what? There’s nothing I can do about it. I’m not moving until next year, I’m not quitting my job, and I’m not running home to my mom (which I REALLY want to do). I am sick of crying myself to sleep, so I am going to try a different approach. How about laughing myself to sleep? Last night I bought more seasons of Friends (they were so cheap at Wal-Mart!). Now I own all but two seasons. Just thinking about that show makes me laugh so much! I also have rediscovered how funny first graders are! Everyday they make me laugh so hard! Take this story for example.

I have a boy in my class who only has one ear, which gives him hearing difficulties and speech problems. I often have a hard time understanding what he says. Usually I can understand one or two words and figure it out, but the other day he came up to me and said something I really couldn’t understand. I asked him to repeat it as I got closer about three times. Finally he just pulls down his pants and says (what I now know to be) “I got new underwear!” How funny is that? He was very excited about his underwear!
Which is surprising because they were just plain gray… no superhero or cartoon character.

So hopefully with squeezing in episodes of Friends, spending time with my real friends, and continuing the most hysterical job I will laugh my way through the year.
Join me, won’t you?

6 comments:

kate said...

that's awesome! i definitely would've been laughing pretty hard over that one!!

The Matthews Family said...

Oh my gosh, ha ha! So cute! I laughed out loud at that. And then I read it to Austin and he didn't think it was funny at all... good grief.

Lizzy said...

watching friends has got me thru some VERY tough times! power through hunny, life does get easier!

The Gibb Family said...

I have that button on my blog too - it's a super good quote!
Super funny about the underwear! Yikes! Did you burst out laughing??

Brittany said...

That is a great quote! AND a great story!!! I'd have died laughing if that happened! I'm soooo glad that you're staying around this year...Luke would be crushed! He talks about you all the time!

jenniho ♥ said...

Janae - your blog is awesome. I've just read some of your poems...Love them. I should have told you when I saw you at the school that you look great! I really mean it , you do! Last week Reagan told me you 'changed your name' to 'Norman'! :) I put 2 & 2 together. You are a brave beautiful woman and I admire you more than you know. Please know you are supported & loved from many places. Keep in touch
- Jenn Housley