Tuesday, June 22, 2010

bolg psot

I’ve seen this paragraph before, but recently saw it again while doing research for my paper. I think it is really interesting!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses but you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we don’t raed ervey lteter but the wrod as a wlohe. So, hey, waht deos tihs say abuot the improtnace of phnoics* in raeidng? Prorbalby taht phicnos ins’t vrey imoptrnat at all. How apcoltapyic is taht, in the cuerrnt licetary wras!

*For the record, I am a firm believer in a balanced approach to literacy—both phonics and whole language!

How'd you do?

2 comments:

The Scalese Family said...

That is so wild! I could totally read it. Very interesting. So how is Canada? Call me sometime. Miss you!
Jess

Whitney said...

that is crazy! i don't want to brag, but i read through it without a problem...