Thursday, August 19, 2010

proof

The following is a short story that proves good things really do happen to good people.

The last few days I've been having some problems with my phone. I charge it, don't use it all day, and then it dies during the next night. That didn't seem quite appropriate for a phone to do. After a few nights of that problem (good thing I have back up alarm clocks), it started dropping my calls. I would be talking to someone for a few minutes, and then all of the sudden, neither of us could hear each other, even though the phone still said we were connected. I decided to go into Verizon today to see what was wrong. The salesman took out my battery, did some update, and sent me on my way. I tried a few more calls this afternoon, only to have the same thing happen. I went back to the store, found out my one year warranty was still in effect, and started to order my replacement phone. They were going to send the exact same phone, but apparently they don't make it anymore and didn't have any in stock. SO, I got to choose from three beautiful phones instead. Two of them had qwerty keyboards (which I can't stand on cell phones), so that narrowed it right down to this beauty:

The Chocolate Touch

They are overnighting me this phone FREE OF CHARGE. They were also out of the batteries for it, so they are sending it with an extended life battery FREE OF CHARGE. I have never been so happy in my entire life.

There you have it.
New free and awesome phone = the good thing
Janae = the good person

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love that you explained what the good thing was and who the good person it happened to at the end.

PS Yay for your new phone!