Friday, September 3, 2010

hello goodbye

Goodbye:
Staying up late
Sleeping in
Spontaneous vacations
Weeks with family in Canada
Camping trips (I'm almost to the point where I can say I really enjoy them and can't wait for next Summer... almost)
Care free days
Clear, stress free mind
Social life
Going to the bathroom whenever I need to
Manicured nails
Money
Freedom

Hello:
Going to bed at the same time as my grandma
Waking up before the garbage men
Working 16 hour days/6.5 days a week for approximately 5 cents/hour
21 first graders/basically just taller kindergartners/infants
Stressful mind wondering if there is any way to get these illiterate children reading in 163 days
Acne
Holding it for up to 8 hours
Smiling all day long
Getting set up by your student, whose dad "hasn't had a girlfriend in, like, a month"
Tieing shoes
School

3 days down, 160 to go

3 comments:

Brittany said...

LOL! That was so dang funny!

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

Amen! ha ha you were set up I cant say I've had that yet :)

The Matthews Family said...

: ) (I wasn't sure if you would get this message on my blog, so I added it here!) I totally told Austin we should call you while we were there! You are actually the only person I even know now in the area! But alas, we were only there for a few hours on Thursday and Friday so there was zero time! And thanks for the vote of confidence about my "school" with Makenna. Sometimes I wonder what the point is... but we both love it so I guess that's all that matters!