Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother Dear

It seems that it is the time of year,
When we honor our mothers dear.
Today I will take some time,
To honor my mother in this little rhyme.


My favorite thing about my mother?
I can’t choose just one or another.
So instead I will tell you about a few
Things that make me love her like I do.
To start, I am the luckiest girl on this earth,
Because my mother chose me before my birth.
I was adopted when I was two days old.
And my mom was excited for a baby girl to hold.
This may be why all my life I was so spoiled,
And as my brothers watched, they became more roiled.


My mother often came to my rescue,
Late at night, when I told her my projects were due.
I did become more independent when I left home.
For example, no longer my hair did she comb.
Whenever I am sad or feel all alone,
I can always be sure she will answer the phone.
She builds me up when I am down,
And can always bring a smile from a frown.


My mom has more patience than I’ll ever know.
And I have to say that as a mom, she is a pro!
And I hope when the day comes I can be,
Half of the amazing mother she is to me!


And to mother's everywhere, here is an uplifting and inspiring message to remind you all that you are loved!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh Janae I love your mom too! She really was like a second mother to me growing up and learned so much from her! If you're ever down in Utah, make sure to call me!

The Scalese Family said...

Janae you were the CUTEST little baby ever! I love the meet the author picture. Adorable!