Monday, May 18, 2009

Fearless

To make a very long story short, I ended up going to the Taylor Swift concert with my friend, Jessica. It was a very bittersweet occasion. I will start with the sweet, because that’s better.

This was absolutely, hands down, the BEST concert I have ever been to (not that I have been to many). First of all, the tickets were SO cheap! For a mere $50 we got front row seats on the floor. We were literally about 10 feet from the stage. The opening acts were Gloriana and Kellie Pickler. I had never heard of Gloriana, but they were really good. They are an up-and-coming country band. Of course I LOVE Kellie Pickler! She is so cute, funny, and naturally, a great singer. I tried to get some pictures, but my camera just isn’t the best. So you’ll have to make do with my mediocre pictures.


Now, to the headlining act – Taylor Swift! I absolutely love her right now. She is so impressive because she writes her own songs (lyrics and music), sings them, and is just plain beautiful! She also puts on one great show! She had about 6 costume changes, my favorite being when she performed “Love Story” and started in a renaissance dress, then a dramatic change into a white dress while dancers danced around her. (Hard to explain, but I’m going to try anyway.) During her performance (which lasted about 2 ½ hours, by the way), she walked through the audience and hugged fans while walking to sing in different locations. She was very dramatic and acted out her songs as she sang them. There were dancers and other actors who also helped make it seem more like a music video than a concert. For the encore, she came back with Gloriana and Kellie Pickler and they all sang a song together. Then, Taylor Swift sang two more songs, the last being “Should’ve Said No” where she ends by singing in the rain. It was very cool. All in all, it was a great night, and my ears are still ringing…just slightly.




We met Taylor Swift’s mom!
(That's Jessica...she looked better in the picture than me.)





Now to the bitter. As some of you know, but most of you don’t, Tyler and I are in the process of getting a divorce. That’s about all I’m going to say about it on here. This is making for a very emotional time. We were supposed to go to the concert together, which made me pretty sad that he wasn’t there. Then, throughout the concert, I kept hearing lyrics like:

Didn’t you know how much I loved you
Didn’t you know how much I loved you baby
I gave you everything, every part of me

Sometimes I think about you
Wonder if you're out there somewhere thinking bout me

People are people and sometimes we change our minds
But it’s killing me to see you go after all this time
And we know it’s never simple, never easy
Never a clean break, no on here to save me
You’re the only thing I know like the back of my hand
And I can’t breathe without you, but I have to
Breathe without you, but I have to

I had so many dreams about you and me
Happy endings, well now I know
I’m not a princess, this ain’t a fairytale

But then I felt a lot better when I heard ones like:

Cause I’ll be there in the back of your mind
From the day we met to you making me cry
And it’s just too bad you’ve already had the best days
The best days of your life


Oh, so true...

6 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

I'm glad you had fun at the Taylor Swift concert! I totally love her too! And as to the other, Janae I'm so sorry. We will be praying for you. I know it's hard because we are so far away, but if you need anything please let me know. Love you girl!

Molly and Jay said...

The concert looks fun. Is that our old roommate Jessica in the picture? Sorry to hear about you and Tyler. We'll be praying for you too!

Lizzy said...

taylor swift would be awesome! looks so fun! i'm so sorry to hear you're going thru a tough time! i've been through somethin similar so all i can say is that it does get easier! just gotta fight through the hard stuff! xoxo!

Ally said...

Glad you had a good time! You deserve everything good! Reach for the stars. Love ya!

The Scalese Family said...

Yes Molly It is me Jessica your good ol roomie from Navoo house! Good times. Anyway, Janae thank you for inviting me to come with you even though I am not tyler. You are one of the most amazing women I know. I love you to pieces and had the bestest time ever with you that weekend. I will always remember it! It was truely amazing!

The Gibb Family said...

Sounds like a super fun concert! I've never been to a real girly one - maybe someday! I'm sorry to hear about you and Tyler - but I hope that things are working out in whatever way is best for you! I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!