Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer

No creativity or inspiration on this one…just a quick update.

May was a crazy month with school ending, emptying out a storage unit (Thanks again Georgia! And I have a few choice words for the two men who watched us haul 20+ boxes up to my 3rd floor apartment in the 85 degree weather…), and driving up to Canada. I am so glad it’s over, and extremely grateful I didn’t have to move schools, classrooms, or apartments! Now I can enjoy a somewhat stress free summer.

Or so I thought…

This summer is shaping up to be almost as busy!

-Yesterday was my Grandma’s birthday and we took her to her favorite restaurant…A&W. I forgot how delightfully delicious those burgers are!

-Saturday is my dad’s birthday, and we are going camping to celebrate. (Not the way I would choose to celebrate my birthday, but whatever.) Although, my parents did buy a super nice trailer with beds, a kitchen, a toilet, and a shower...everything I need to feel good about camping.

-My nephew, Hunter’s birthday is on the 19th, and we’ll be driving up to Calgary to celebrate with him.


-In July I am going up to Red Deer to help my brother watch these sweet little girls, while my sister-in-law goes to girls camp.


-In August we will have one more camping trip before I go back home.

-And in between all of these fun and exciting events, I have an online class to work on, 50 practicum hours to do, and a Master’s paper to start writing.

Here’s to a summer of work, relaxing, parties, camping…repeated as needed.

2 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

Hmm... sounds like a lot of camping! I've never pictured you as a camping girl! : )

Janae said...

You are right...I am NOT a camping girl! But it's what my family does, so in order to spend time with them, I have to make sacrifices!