Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Nephew the Superstar

A couple weeks ago my parents and I went up to Calgary to watch my nephew, Hunter, play soccer and celebrate his 9th birthday. He mainly plays goalie and, from what I can tell, is really good at it! It was fun to watch the little boys play. It actually reminded me a lot of teaching first grade. Every few minutes (that may be an exaggeration), a boy would get hurt, fall down, and cry. Then the whole team had to sit and wait. They always clapped for the little boys when they stood back up. I’m not going to lie, it was really funny. Luckily, Hunter was one of the tougher ones. He fell, scraped his knee, and got back up with no tears.

After the game we went back to my brother’s house to do the birthday celebration! I don’t remember the last birthday of his I was able to go to, so I was happy to be there. Hunter is really into sports – street hockey especially. So all of his gifts were related to that. He got a sports bag to carry his equipment, a really legit hockey net, and some goal pads for his legs (I’m not sure what the official name is). Although, it looks like he will be able to fit them for a long time. They are so big!

Apparently it takes three people to put on goal pads!

Nicole (my sister-in-law) asked Hunter what kind of cake he wanted. He told her he would like a white cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries, but if she can only do a chocolate cake, that would be okay. He is such a sweet boy! Luckily Nicole could manage a white cake, and it was delicious!


No comments: