Friday, July 3, 2009

America may have my body, but Canada will forever have my heart...

It has been years since I have been in Canada for Canada Day. I have been in the states for so long, I thought I was beginning to lose my Canadian pride, but don’t worry, I’ve still got it. I smiled big smiles as I saw the countless flags being displayed throughout the city. I downloaded and watched the infamous “I Am Canadian” commercial and it still gives me chills of pride while I fall on the floor laughing.
Enjoy!



For the big holiday event, we are not big celebrators over here. The only Canada Day event we made it to was the fireworks. I haven’t watched fireworks in a long time, and I forgot how cool they can be. My dad found us an AWESOME spot on top of a hill right across from where they were setting them off.

The other day when I was browsing through old files on my dad’s computer, I found a copy of a poem I wrote in one of my music education classes.

The task: write new lyrics to a popular song.

The result:


I know it is nothing compared to the “Nifty Fifty”, but I was only a novice poet back then...

No comments: