Wednesday, November 11, 2009

chaos


This is what my table looks like right now. I am too embarrassed to show you the rest of my apartment. It is so hard for me to have a messy, cluttered home. I used to be so on top of things and organized. My classroom is one big pile of piles. I have been frantically getting 6,852 tests given and graded before the end of the trimester (which is today). Now I have two “work days” which really means one full day of meetings, and one day to clean up my mess, do report cards, finish my statistics, and plan for next week. That just isn’t possible. I’m so upset and frustrated by how crazy this semester has been. I used to be the teacher who would have everything clean, organized, and ready to go by the time 3:45 rolled around. I never stayed late, and NEVER went in on weekends. This semester I have had several late nights, and have gone in almost every weekend. And I still feel so behind. Everyday feels like a Friday in May. Wild, chaotic, loud, tired, etc. If I want to look on the brightside… I am learning how to ask and accept help. I realized I simply can’t do everything by myself. I have relinquished my control (against my will). I am so grateful for friends and parents (of the children I teach) helping in SO many ways. I don’t think I could function on my own. I hope it gets more manageable in January. Then hopefully my life can be simple again. Like how my table should look on a daily basis.


Instead of when I clean it up at midnight.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I think you're doing GREAT! Even without my help! ha ha ha Hang in there, the semester is ALMOST done! And I really will be coming in to help in December. :)

Allyson said...

You are superwoman. I miss you and want to talk to you. And just think...this too will pass.:) You're the greatest:) Keep it up!