Thursday, April 8, 2010

many thanks


Dear Candy,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the quiet and calm you bring into my classroom. Without you, my boys would be bouncing off the walls. It’s amazing how when one piece of you is spotted, the seas part and the voices stop. I know we have some sort of “health policy”, but don’t worry—we are doing extra jumping jacks, sit-ups, pushups, and hopping throughout the day to make up for it. From now until the end of May, you are my Savior.

Sincerely, Ms. Van Orman

PS Please don’t tell my principal.

2 comments:

GoldieGirl said...

oh I KNOW, I totally bribe my church class, and I only have them for an hour ONCE a week! Nobody said I couldn't (mostly cause I never asked though). It gets me through the lesson, I get to finish a sentence and they happily pay attention cause they know they get something out of it. Win-Win if you ask me.

Kristen and Andrew said...

Oh I second this... and guess what... this magical creation works just as well in fifth graders!