Tuesday, October 5, 2010

just call me grandma

Okay, fine. Georgia convinced me. Here is a quick, not very creative post about turning over the hill. I am officially in my late 20s... I'm not too happy about it, but I did have a GREAT time celebrating.

I LOVE my birthday. To me, it should really be a national holiday. And it is so much fun in first grade. A few gave me real gifts, but most gave me drawings, dances, songs, hugs, etc. We celebrated with a color party of rainbow jello jigglers and color bingo. It made them feel like it was a really party and my principal feel like it was still educational.

My spectacular friend Georgia came up from Soda to spend the night with me. We went out to dinner with my friends Wendy and Sarah. It was delightful. We went to Carino's, and since my roommate works there, we got 50% off. THAT was a real treat! Wendy and I shopped at Ross (my new favorite store and part of her lovely gift to me). Georgia made a delicious chocolate torte that we devoured in a matter of two days. Michelle came over for a little visit. It was a fun day!

Birthday Gang

A few days after my birthday, my parents sent my birthday card/gift with Michelle's parents. So I got to celebrate my birthday all over again! Disappointing, right? :) My dad finally trusted me enough to get me a new camera. I have literally had about 63 cameras in my lifetime that have been lost or broken. Now I have this little beauty I am going to take care of. Promise.



Another update: I have exactly 22 days before I turn in my master's paper. Then 14 days after that I defend my paper and officially become a Master! Bring it.

On a side note, don't I have the cutest nieces/nephews ever? This is sweet little Gus showing you his awesome/spooky trick.



2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

mrs. brown said...

Grandma! Hahaha! I'm SO funny!