Sunday, June 17, 2012

Change


Fact.

I really think that's why I've been in Idaho for so long.  I haven't known where I really wanted to be.  But now, after ten years since I first came to Rexburg, I am taking the plunge and moving to Arizona!  I got a job teaching 1st grade in Mesa.  And it works out perfectly that my parents have a house there (cheap rent), I have a few friends already who live there or are moving there soon, I love the heat (no more scraping my car!), and they just announced 5 new singles stakes.  Them are some good odds.  :)    

While I am extremely excited for the job, I'm also very nervous, scared, sad, apprehensive, and any other similar adjectives you want to use.  This past year in Rexburg was really great.  I made a lot of new friends and came out of my shell.  I even finally came to realize that I don't actually hate Idaho.  I've just become so attached to this area, it's really hard to leave it.  I really don't do well with change, but this seems as good a time as ever.  

I was discussing all the pros and cons of leaving Idaho with one of my friends, and she told me that I really wasn't happy here, I was comfortable.  And that is the truth.  I know I'll be much happier and able to progress more in a different place.  Now I really hope that place is Mesa!  :)  


I spent two and a half days cleaning and packing up my classroom.  It was so overwhelming and kind of depressing.  Honestly, I think I'm mostly sad about leaving the school and the families I've really grown to love.  I've been at this school for five years (that's over 100 children!), and have taught a few sets of siblings (I even got to teach three girls from one family, and now I'm really good friends with their mom).  It's amazing how attached you really do grow to the entire family.  I will miss seeing all their smiling faces in the hallways.  I'll really miss walking through the halls and knowing just about every child's name that I see.  

It will be a challenge to start over, but I'm ready for it.  

3 comments:

Molly and Jay said...

Best of luck on your new adventure! Arizona sounds great!

Becka's Street said...

Made me cry! You are an amazing person and I hope we will be able to go visit you! Those children in Mesa don't know what blessing they have in store for them! You will be amazing and everyone will love you ! XOXO

The Matthews Family said...

You are going to LOVE Arizona! We truly loved it, probably better than any other place we have lived. Just keep that "come out of the shell" Janae that you found this year and you will have tons of friends and be all set before you know it! Just remember, it takes a couple of months before you REALLY feel "home" again! Good luck!