Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camping Highlights

(In no particular order.)

Ally officially learning how to ride her bike.
By the end of the trip she was able to start herself, pedal, and stop herself. Impressive!
  


Swimming in the wading pool.
The weather was so nice all weekend. We went almost every day.  


 Gracie did NOT like getting splashed. 











Canoeing.
Granted, I was scared spitless. I think I was in the canoe for a total of 3 minutes. It was too wobbly and I was too afraid of dying. Good thing because two other people (who might be too embarrassed for me to mention their names) fell out of the canoe during their turn. After the canoeing fell through (literally ha) we spent the rest of the day playing in the sand.
  







Warren as Heavy Metal.
Every time we go to Kananaskis we love the interpretive shows. Our family members have been chosen every year we’ve gone. Warren must have that face, because he was lucky enough to be chosen… again. This year’s show was about the water cycle, so Warren got to be one of Professor Pollution’s evil pollutants. Ally and Grace got a real kick out of it.  
ROCK ON!



And yes, that really is "Sponge Bog Green Plants".

The scenery.
It really is beautiful up there. One day I went on a little walk with Ally and she kept pointing out all the beautiful views. I think I deleted about 291 pictures of beautiful views… Don’t tell her.








Technology.
I love that we can go camping, and still enjoy playing on iPads (and my little iPad, as Gracie called it) and watch movies. That’s why I love it so much…



Sophie.
No explanation needed. She’s too cute!


 Of course her favorite aunt bought her this cute shirt. 



The food and campfires.
No pictures, but you can visualize.

After a few days of recovering, I am now off to begin my brother’s world tour tomorrow. First stop Olds, then Toronto, and lastly Calgary. I’m excited!

Pictures taken by me, Ryan, and my dad.

No comments: