Thursday, July 14, 2011

Camping

How I felt about camping at different times in my life

Age 9: Oh fun! Come on over friends and we’ll sleep in our tents in the backyard!

Age 13: I’d love to go camping with you and your family! I just love sleeping in sleeping bags on hard rocky ground in a tent! Wahoo!

Age 20: Hate everything about it. Never going. Nothing in the world is worth spending a weekend without electricity, showers, or home cooked meals. Count me out.

Age 22: Well I guess if my family is going I’ll go to spend time with them. But only if it is in a nice, cozy trailer… with showers.

Age 26: When do we get to go camping? I’m so excited!

We get to go camping tomorrow!
We are heading up to the Kananaskis for a family camping trip (minus one brother). Thanks to having my summer off, I’ve been lucky enough to get some things ready during the day while my parents work.

My favorite task:


Doesn’t that look delicious?!
You should try it.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups shredded, peeled zucchini
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in zucchini. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Enjoy!

No comments: