Sunday, January 17, 2010

hi


I’m Janae. I look angry. But when I took this picture, I assure you, I was happy. I’m just not allowed to smile. Why? Because I am Canadian, and the Canadian government won’t let you smile. They also make you tuck your hair behind your ears, which makes me very uncomfortable.

How do I feel now? I am frustrated, overwhelmed, and anxious. I am so frustrated by the amount of tattling and cattiness that goes on at my place of employment. Surprisingly, I don’t mean the little ones I teach. It is driving me crazy and making these last 5 months feel like an eternity. I am completely overwhelmed with all I have to accomplish in these last 5 months. I have three courses to complete (Multicultural Views of Literacy, Research and Writing, and Canadian Studies), a thesis to write, a comprehensive exam to ace, a job in Alberta to find, and 5 more months of being “super teacher”. I am incredibly anxious to get out of here. My parents are passing through on their way to Arizona this weekend, so I’ll get to spend a whopping 10 hours with them. I just can’t wait until I can see my family on a more regular basis. How much I long for Sunday dinners at my parents! And wouldn’t you love to spend your days with these two little girlies?


I know I do.

3 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

Hello! Your parents are coming to Arizona and you aren't?!? Remember, you can still come take a break from crazy Idaho and come visit me in beautiful Arizona! And your new roommate can come too! Oh, and I want to here about the crazy drama at school... that sounds like some good gossip!

Lizzy said...

Best thing to do is take it day by day!! It's all we can do!! xoxo

The Scalese Family said...

Sexy Canadian! Also, the girls are so cute in that picture...they are always so cute! Only 5 months? Wow that will be over before you know it. You can do it! You are amazing. I am so inspired by you. Miss you!