Tuesday, March 1, 2011

31 Days - Day 1

One of my friends did this on facebook, and I thought it would be a great way for me to get back on the blogging train. Each day for 31 days I will post a picture to go along with a specific caption. Enjoy!

A picture of yourself with 15 facts.



1. Thanks to Netflix, I am now finishing the last two seasons of 24 that I missed while going to grad school. When I’m going through a 24 marathon (like right now), I find it hard to go out in public because I keep asking myself, “Do these people know what’s going on?!” (nuclear bombs, nerve gas, terrorists, etc.)

2. I vacuum at least every other day. Not because it needs it, but because I love to see the vacuum lines. It looks and feels so nice.

3. I can never just bite into an apple. I always cut it into slices… just in case there are worms.

4. I am adopted. My birth mother was 15, so I was adopted as a little baby. I’m very grateful she gave me up. I have the most wonderful family!

5. From the time I was five years old, I wanted to be a teacher and would play school on a big chalkboard in my basement. Before then, I would tell my mom all kinds of stories and she would “publish” them for me. I love teaching, but being a children’s author is my dream job.

6. I started choir when I was four and continued until I graduated high school. At times I wanted to quit, but my mom wouldn’t let me. I am glad she didn’t, and I really miss it.

7. I am very OCD when it comes to my classroom. Everything has to be perfect and in its perfect place. I really like things the way I like them, even if it means I spend an hour hanging up pictures to make sure they are perfectly straight and centered.

8. I am an adult who loves macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs.

9. I don’t like to eat the “ends” of things. For example: bananas, bread, cucumbers.

10. I have the worst nerves. If someone just walks around the corner, I gasp and jump.

11. I always drink out of a straw.

12. I am a people pleaser, and I find it hard to say no to people.

13. I hate going to the gym SO much, but I feel so good once I finally get there. If only I could remember that it would be a lot easier to go every night.

14. I love Glee, Modern Family, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, and the time I have to watch awesome shows whenever I want.

15. I finished my Master’s in Education with a Literacy Emphasis in November. I still am in awe that I did it. I remember after my first semester of college my parents told me they were seriously expecting me to call and tell them to pick me up and bring me home. I don’t think anybody ever thought I would graduate college, let alone get a master’s. In your face world!


2 comments:

The Scalese Family said...

are you in your wards choir? you should be. you have a beautiful voice.

Janae said...

You're too nice to me, Jessica! :) I keep meaning to go, but everytime I can they cancel it. Ha. Hopefully soon. I'd rather find a professional choir to join, but haven't yet.