Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 30

A picture of someone you miss.



Fourteen months ago my dad told me that eventually I would be able to look back on the situation and it wouldn't hurt anymore.  I didn't believe him then, but now I am starting to.  While I do still miss Tyler and feel sad about everything that happened, I finally think I am feeling okay with everything.  I don't have any negative feelings anymore.  Now, I am more in the stage of just missing having a companion and best friend.  It's hard not to have someone there all the time to listen to you and to build you up.  On the other hand, I've learned that I have a lot of people I can turn to and call on when I need to.  There are so many people that I'll forever be grateful for.  :) 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's a cute picture :) I'm glad your feelings are changing, the grieving process is like a roller coaster. I know one day, far into the future, we'll look back and be very proud of our accomplishments over the past little while. Hang in there!

The Matthews Family said...

Love you! I still can't talk about the situation without crying. I'm so happy you are doing so much better!